Ahhh summer! The kids are out of school and your calendar quickly fills up with activities. With the beach and family cook-outs coming your way-nobody has time for AC issues, that’s for sure. What can you do in order to make sure you don't end up with an uncomfortably hot home, ridiculously high electric bills, or costly repairs and replacements that interrupt your summer plans?
Many homeowners have had their summer plans dashed and their vacation budgets re-allocated over a cooling system that doesn't work as it should, or one that doesn’t work at all. When your AC hasn’t been properly maintained and seasonally inspected, you could be running on borrowed time. Likewise, your AC may be struggling to keep your home cool and that could result in costly power bills.
It is always wise to enlist the services of a professional who is familiar with the ins and outs of your AC systems. Your service technician knows which components come under the most wear and tear and knows which parts may need replacement after ever-so-many years. Professional technicians know just what needs to be done to keep your unit running at it’s most efficient rate while keeping your home comfortably cool.
In the Jacksonville area, homeowners turn to Snyder Heating and Air Conditioning for their HVAC needs. For over four decades, Snyder has been the leading name in heating and cooling in our part of the Sunshine State. The professionals at Snyder have the knowledge and expertise to diagnose and repair your AC, should the need arise. Our dedication to customer service ensures that you and your family will be cool and comfortable all summer long!
We offer regular maintenance and inspections to ensure your peace of mind. We’re available 24/7 all year long to take care of your heating and cooling emergencies. Our technicians are experienced and certified to work on a broad range of AC systems, including yours.
If you think you may need service on your AC unit, there are a few things you can do prior to contacting Snyder Heating and Air Conditioning. Unfortunately, some AC problems are not always easy to uncover. Run through the following checklist so you have a better idea of why your home cooling system isn’t operating as it should.
Your Pre-Maintenance Checklist:
- Make sure to turn off all the power to your cooling system.
- Remove all the debris that could be hampering the flow of air in and around your AC system.
- Replace the filter if you have not done so already. This should be done every 90 days. We highly recommend that you do not invest in expensive filters such as the “allergen trapping” filters. They can become clogged much quicker causing your unit to work overtime. Frequent replacement is usually enough to prevent a buildup of allergens in the air.
- Look for obvious loose connections and cracked or weathered hoses.
- Check fan components and blades to ensure there is a smooth operation.
- Make sure the area around your outside units is clear of landscaping and debris. Don’t let grass or weeds cause your unit to work overtime.
If anything appears to be out of place on your AC unit or its components, contact Snyder immediately. Attempting to operate a faulty AC can end up costing you much more than necessary. Not only will your AC bills be higher the harder your unit works, but a replacement will sooner be necessary. Should you suspect you need service or a professional system check-up, contact Snyder Company Heating and Cooling for all your AC needs this summer.