Now that summer has arrived here in Jacksonville, many of us will be seeking relief from the heat in the comfort of our air-conditioned homes. It is not just humans who are affected by the heat, but our pets too! Pets need extra care to keep them safe and happy during the hottest months of the year.
Pets are at a high risk for suffering from heat-related illnesses because, firstly (and most obviously) they are covered in fur. Additional reasons include the facts that they may spend more time outdoors and they don’t have the ability to verbally tell you that they are suffering.
For the third consecutive year, Snyder Heating and Air Conditioning is teaming up with First Coast No More Homeless Pets to help bring attention to their commitment to keeping furry friends healthy and safe during the summer, and all year round.
First Coast No More Homeless Pets
First Coast No More Homeless Pets (FCNMHP) is an amazing organization that provides numerous services ranging from pet food banks to treatment of feral animals to affordable veterinary services, including spaying and neutering. Their passion has helped transform Northeast Florida into a leading community for animal welfare.
Snyder Heating & Air Conditioning Cares for Your Pets
At Snyder, our pets are like family, and we know you feel the same. We also know that Florida summer heat can be unforgiving (summer is our busiest season for a reason). To avoid heat-related accidents, keep these tips in mind while caring for pets this summer:
- Make sure that your pets have access to fresh water at all times, especially if they are outside.
- During times of extreme heat, bring your pets inside if possible.
- If your pets must stay outdoors, make sure they have a shady area to rest.
- On humid days, make sure your dogs are kept hydrated; they can quickly become overheated.
- Walk your dogs during the early morning or evening hours to avoid overheating or burning their paws on hot pavement.
- Never leave your pet in your car.
Help Us Help First Coast No More Homeless Pets
Once again, for the third year in a row, you can help us help First Coast No More Homeless Pets by sharing photos of your pet hanging out, keeping cool via social media with the hashtag #MyPetIsCool. For each pet photo shared with the #MyPetIsCool hashtag, we will donate $1 to FCNMHP. Get even more info and updates when you like us and FCNMHP on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.