Home maintenance is an important task for every homeowner. You clean out gutters, ensure the roof is in good repair, and even give your carpets the occasional deep clean to remove a year’s worth of ground-in grime. Preventive care ensures your home will be in its best shape for years to come.
What about your HVAC system? In order for it to keep performing at optimal efficiency (and keep you cool during those hot, hot Florida summers 🥵), you should make sure you keep up with regular HVAC maintenance. Yearly preventive maintenance not only helps you avoid costly major repairs, but can also improve your health and save you money!
Check out the top five reasons routine HVAC maintenance is a worthwhile investment:
- Keep your home safer with regular maintenance. Preventive care can help you stay safe from anything from small but dangerous leaks to major catastrophes. With regular checkups, your HVAC repair person can find problems that otherwise would have gone undetected. Whether it’s a carbon monoxide leak from a cracked heat exchanger or an inconvenient break in the middle of hurricane season’s worst storm, you’ll know your family is safe. A little extra peace of mind is hard to put a price tag on.
- Care for your HVAC and the environment. A well-maintained heating and cooling system doesn’t have to work as hard as a dirty HVAC system, meaning it uses less energy. This is great news for the environment! Regular maintenance also allows you to check up on what sort of refrigerant your AC unit needs. With the new R22 regulations in place, this is important information to have.
- Improve your home’s air quality with preventive maintenance. No matter how deeply you clean, your home will eventually wind up collecting some allergens - the most common being pet dander, dust, pollen, and microbial growth. Your frontline defense against these irritants is a well-maintained HVAC system. Duct cleaning and a frequent change of air filters can help you breathe easier, even in the heaviest allergy seasons.
- Live cool and comfortably no matter what summer throws at you. The Florida summer is on its way, meaning so, too, are days when the air conditioner never seems to stop running. Preventive care for your AC makes certain your home cools evenly and efficiently, as well as minimizes any unwanted HVAC noise or odors, so you can stay comfortable even during the blazing summer heat. 😎
- Save money with preventive maintenance. This is arguably the best reason to take the time for regular HVAC maintenance. The following are ways regular HVAC maintenance can help you save money:
- Lower energy bills due to greater efficiency
- Fewer costly repair bills due to reduced system wear and tear
- Less frequent system replacement due to extended system life
- Less expensive repairs due to early detection of issues
- Less encumbrance due to staying protected under warranty conditions
Let Snyder Heating & Air Conditioning Give Your HVAC the Preventative Care it Deserves
With summer on the way, and peak season for AC breaks coming with it, now is the best time to schedule preventive maintenance for your HVAC system. Contact Snyder Heating & Air Conditioning today for more information on preventive maintenance plans - it’s worth the investment!